Pressure Equipment Directive
Mandatory regulations PED is a member of the European Union agreement on security issues and pressure equipment issued by the PED certification, full name is: pressure equipment (PED) certification. The Pressure Equipment Directive (Pressure Equipment Directive PED 97/23/EC) is a general instruction. The design pressure exceeds 0.5bar equipment, regardless of the pressure, volume, shall comply with PED the provisions such as fire extinguishers, pressure gauge valve, safety valve, air tank, tower tank, pipeline, pipe fittings, steam equipment loading or fluid transport equipment must comply with the provisions of PED.
The scope of certification
The maximum pressure is higher than that of the pressure equipment and components of 0.5 bar.
"The pressure equipment" means the vessel, piping, safety components and pressure parts.
PED applies to the European Economic Area (European Economic Area EEA) countries, namely the 15 EU countries (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Luxemburg, Holland, Portugal, Finland, Sweden, UK), plus the European Free Trade Agreement of the member states (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway).
Above a certain pressure / pressure equipment and components must be volume threshold:
Have the safety
In accordance with the design, manufacture, basic safety requirements and testing
Meet the appropriate conformity assessment procedure
Attached CE signs and the relevant provisions of the mark
Below the pressure equipment and component specific pressure / volume threshold must be:
Have the safety
Designed on the basis of perfect engineering practice, manufacturing
Attached to the relevant provisions of the mark (do not have to be attached to the CE logo)
All pressure equipment shall be mandatory PED category to meet the basic safety requirements:
(1): Design of pressure equipment must be taken into account and the expected use of all relevant factors, to ensure the safety of pressure equipment in the whole life expectancy. Must be added to the corresponding safety coefficient with an integrated approach, aiming at all related failure modes considered sufficient safety margin.
The design and calculation method of sufficient strength, method of inspection to ensure the safety of processing and operation, discharge and venting method, corrosion and other chemical erosion, abrasion, charge and discharge, beyond the permitted scope of protection, put forward the corresponding requirements of safety accessories and external fire.
(2) permanent connection (welding): must be made by qualified personnel according to the right procedure to complete. For II, III and IV pressure equipment, procedures and personnel must be approved by the authorized institutions or third party members according to the thirteenth chapter approved.
(3) nondestructive testing: permanent pressure equipment connection (welding) nondestructive testing must be performed by qualified personnel. For the III class and IV class pressure equipment, its NDT personnel must be approved by the members of the third party according to the thirteenth chapter approved.
(4) the final evaluation; must by visual assessment and final inspection inspection of the relevant documents. The final assessment of pressure equipment must include the pressure test, the test pressure must conform to the specified value.
(5) material: Manufacture of pressure equipment materials must be qualified for their life expectancy. The manufacturer must in its technical document, the key points of code for one of the following forms: 1) materials used in line with the European harmonized standards of materials; 2) according to the eleventh chapter, made of pressure equipment materials approved in Europe; 3) by special assessment materials; the III class and IV class pressure equipment, special assessment material must be conducted by authorized institutions.
(6) quantitative requirements: 1) the allowable stress: such as normalizing (including normalizing rolling) steel, ferritic steel (not including fine grain steel and special steel heat treatment), shall not exceed the yield limit of 2/3 calculation and 5/12 temperature of 20 DEG C strength limit; 2) joint coefficient: destructive test and nondestructive testing confirmed that all the joints have no obvious defects in the equipment for 1; equipment for nondestructive testing was 0.85; the equipment only superficial inspection without nondestructive testing was 0.7; 3) pressure limiting device: the instantaneous pressure that must be kept in the most dynamic big pressure less than 10%; 4) shall not be less than the test pressure: according to the maximum load may be subjected to pressure equipment in service, considering the maximum allowable pressure and maximum allowable temperature are multiplied by the coefficient 1.25 or the maximum allowable pressure multiplied by the coefficient 1.43, whichever is the greater value; 5) material properties: in no more than 20 deg. Which does not exceed the minimum operating temperature under predetermined tensile test, the fracture elongation rate not less than 14%, and the ISO Charpy V - Sample impact energy is not less than 27J.